Backpacks for school: choosing well, and wisely
You only need to enter a shop a month before school begins to realise that buying backpacks for school to your children will not be the easy task you had in mind until that moment, something like “get in, buy, get out”. It is going to take more of your time, and with reason. So, you’d better sit down and begin your search for information on the internet – and remember to keep calm.
Backpacks for school are truly key items in your child’s set because they can lead to health issues. Which issues? Well, shoulder and back problems, wrong posture, headaches. And these problems may not develop or be fastidious while your child grows up, or even during his first adulthood, but manifest themselves in his late life causing a great deal of pain. In addition, it could take a while to your doctor to relate these problems to a wrong posture caused by backpacks for school meaning you may be diagnosed correctly only after some time.
It is wise to buy a quality product. After all, why getting something inexpensive that will most certainly begin to fall apart after a few months of usage? Is it not better anyway to invest in something that lasts long? Good backpacks for school can accompany your child for several years – on top of guaranteeing their health. What makes a backpack a quality one, are a few things:
- the material used (better if waterproof)
- the accuracy of the sewing work
- the shoulder straps that should be broad enough, nicely padded and ergonomic
- the back that should be padded too
- there should be various pockets and compartments, and the bag should be spacious enough
- the size should be appropriate to the child’s size
- in case of younger children, it would be best if they come with inbuilt wheels and handle. (These backpacks for school are the best ones to avoid putting pressure on the children’s backs, they are easily carried around and you can buy them bigger.)
Once you have checked all the above criteria, you should consider involving your child in the choice of their bag, design-wise: it is going to be theirs, so they should be present at the purchase and they should have their say. Leaving them out could reveal a big mistake and cause unnecessary unhappiness. On the contrary, including them in the whole process will surely be productive for their growth and your relationship.…